Helminthiasis or worm infestation is the infection of the parasite. To catch worms can be anyone – from Pets, using household appliances, dirty hands, raw fish or meat. Such sources a large amount, so in real life it is difficult and almost impossible to protect against worms. The infection the worms often manifests itself under the guise of other diseases – disorders of the digestive system, reduced vision, diseases of the liver and other internal organs. This complicates the diagnostic process and leads to the ineffectiveness of prescribed treatment.
The main types of worms
In nature there are about 250 species of helminths. Each requires certain conditions for their existence and development. Worms differ in size, shape and other characteristic features. The classification of these parasites is not yet fully formed and validated by scientists. Section worms on a territorial basis is also the place to be. This fact complicates the classification of parasites.
In the countries of the middle latitudes with temperate climatic conditions is possible to count more than 20 species of helminths, which are divided into three groups depending on the appearance and form:
- Round (nematodes);
- Tape (cestodes);
- Flat (trematodes).
Signs and symptoms of worms in humans
Worms, parasites in the human body, literally "suck" it out of him. The first signs that indicate the presence in the body of the worms are manifested through chronic fatigue, abrupt weight reduction, improved or loss of appetite. Itching in the anal area also indicates possible infection with helminths.
Signs of parasitic infection of the body can be indirect symptoms characteristic of gastrointestinal diseases, neurosis, dermatological diseases and allergies. It can be:
- Pain in the abdomen, nausea and vomiting, constipation, diarrhea;
- Constant fatigue, weakness, headaches, fever, drowsiness, lethargy, insomnia;
- Violation of the structure of hair and nails, allergic rhinitis, urticaria, itchy rash, dry spasmodic cough, bronchospasm;
- Against the background of weak immunity organism defeat various infectious diseases and inflammatory processes (exacerbated chronic illnesses, decrease the body's defenses, and he becomes a target for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms and infection).
Diagnosis of worms in the human body
For the detection of worms in the body previously used two methods: duodenal intubation and analysis of feces, urine, saliva, depending on their types and the detection of helminth eggs. These diagnostic methods were not perfect, since a big role in research played by the human factor. The results depended on the professionalism and qualifications of the laboratory that did this analysis. An inexperienced technician could not discern the signs of parasites in the material.
Science has stepped forward, and now there are more informative and accurate methods of diagnosis of worm infestation – immunological studies of biomaterial, which allow high accuracy to determine the amount of antibodies and antigens to various types of worms. These include:
- ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay on worms). The truth of the results of this method exceeds 90%. This study shows whether there are parasites and eggs of worms in the body, the cycle of their development and the species to which they belong.
- ELISA tests – specially designed tests that show the body's reaction to the infestation. This method is not independent. It must be used with ELISA (laboratory microscopic examination).
- Serological methods (REEF, rnga, RSK, RAL). These methods are often used to diagnose the acute phase of helminth infections.
- Ultrasound, x-ray internal organs.
- CT (computed tomography), endoscopy.
- PCR detection of invasion of the body intracellular parasites and protozoa.
- Bioresonance diagnosis – study, which allows for a certain characteristic parasite frequencies to calculate them in the body at an early stage.
Treatment for worms in adult
Worms in nature are many types, so it would be naive to believe that there is one miracle pill that will rid the body of parasitic infestations in just one appointment. Treatment of helminthiasis in adults involves a range of drugs and procedures, as well as strict adherence to all recommendations of the doctor and the rules of personal hygiene. Remedy for worms is chosen individually, based on the results of the research and the type of detected worms.
A tablet from worms to humans
Pills against worms can be as for the destruction of many species of helminths prevalent in certain latitudes, and for certain types of parasites. The most common drugs from worms wide application on the basis of four main active ingredients:
- Based on Pyrantel use in the treatment of ascariasis, trichuriasis, etc.;
- On the basis of Levamisole – an effective drug in the defeat of the body of all kinds of parasites; in addition to the main action, the drug has immunomodulatory properties;
- On the basis of the active ingredient Albendazole is widely used for the treatment of advanced stages of infection.
- On the basis of other substances – drugs effective in the treatment of different groups of worms.
Folk remedies for worms
Not only medicines can help remove worms from the body. Nature has thought of everything in advance and gave people the ability to get rid of parasites using plants and their fruits. In folk medicine there are many recipes for the treatment of a helminth infection. Among these we can highlight the most common:
- With wormwood is used in the form of powdered dry substance or cooked broth. The dry leaves give a strong bitterness, it is better to take with honey. To prepare the broth 2 tablespoons of raw pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and boil on low heat for 15 minutes. The infusion is prepared like a decoction, only to brew is not necessary. Alcohol tincture is prepared as follows: half a liter of vodka to take 100 grams of dried sage leaves, cover and put in a week in a cool dark place.
- From tansy, for the treatment and prevention used the seeds and buds of this plant. Tablespoon of seeds of tansy pour a glass of boiling water. To insist until then, until cool. The infusion of inflorescences is prepared as follows: to half a Cup of dried flowers will need half a liter of boiling water. To insist until the potion cools down to room temperature and strain through gauze or a bandage.
- On the basis of the ginger tea from raw ginger root with honey is one of the most delicious and effective methods of treatment of helminthiasis. Preparing this drink just a tablespoon or 30 – 50 grams of fresh, minced ginger root, pour boiling water and allow to cool to a temperature of 6o degrees. Honey can be diluted in warm drink or simply dissolve in the mouth, with tea.
- The infusion of the dry ground cloves with the coriander one Cup of boiling water 50-60 grams of dry powder. To infuse the tool about an hour in a warm place. You can wrap the container of potion in a warm kitchen towel.
- Garlic – used in any form: boiled, fried, raw. It is better to add raw crushed garlic to salads and other dishes, as fresh, it contains more nutrients, so "don't like" parasites.
In addition to decoctions, tinctures and other folk remedies for self-medication also apply a cleansing enema. It is believed that the effectiveness of these procedures because of local effect, significantly higher than in preparations for oral administration, and this treatment virtually no side effects. Enema is used for:
- Tincture of garlic – pounded to a pulp the garlic, pour warm, not hot, boiled water and infuse for about half an hour. One average head of garlic to take one glass of warm water. You can prepare a larger volume while maintaining the proportions.
- The infusion of tansy – spoon of dry inflorescences pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, wrap in warm towel or put on a warm place and leave for 40 minutes – 50. Use infusion for the enema should be at a temperature of 36 – 37 degrees Celsius.
- The infusion of the dry sage – for preparation will need 50 grams of dry powdered leaves pour boiling water and let cool. This tool is much stronger, so abuse it is not worth it.
Prevention of infection with worms
Parasites live in the environment and live together with man. The risk of infection is always high. Prevention of worms is the best tool in this situation. Preventive measures should be regularly, because different types of parasites have an individual development cycle.
As treatment and prophylaxis is held all family members at the same time. Based on the fact that medicines against worms toxic, prevention is better to prefer natural remedies such as garlic, pumpkin seeds, a decoction of wormwood, and try to avoid possible sources of infection by worms. Preventive methods include:
- Hygiene – washing hands with soap after using the toilet, public places and transport, before and after meals, use of personal towels and soap, bedding and underwear;
- Eating only thoroughly washed fruits, vegetables and the products passed thermal treatment;
- The destruction of the dwelling in particular the kitchen all kinds of insects (mosquitoes, flies, cockroaches) that carry helminth eggs on the legs or on the tip;
- Avoid drinking water from unsafe sources; use water should not from-under the crane;
- Drug prevention – the use of anthelmintic drugs with regularity in 4 — 6 months or if an obvious risk of infection; prophylactically used the same drugs as for treatment, only at a lower dosage.